The U12 program is the pinnacle of the Lake Louise Grizzlies Ski Club. It is the Grizzlies best of the best gathering. Whether you have developed excellence and superhero qualities in our U10+ program or somewhere else, it’s time to gather here to challenge and be challenged. This group has a great deal of free skiing under their belt and can ski anything, but we will challenge them even further. Gate training and drill courses start to play more of an increased role in athlete development. Skiing will take place primarily at Lake Louise and COP, but two away camps will add another test. These 10 and 11 year olds will be challenged to develop speed into their ski racing and will experience a higher level of intensity than they have previously had throughout their Nancy Greene development. It all begins with Dryland Training in the fall and continues throughout the 65 day ski season. This group will have fun and build self-esteem as their skills grow. These athletes will impress themselves, and everyone else, with what they can do!
The U12 program typically begins on snow mid-November as the athletes get back to basics. Several weeks later they get to cheer on the Canadian National Team at the Men’s and Women’s World Cup Downhill and Super G races at the beginning of December. They then head to Panorama for an away “Camp/Project” that will allow them to continue to progress so that they will be ready to get into brushes, stubbies and gates in the following weeks. Over the Christmas and New Year’s Holidays, these athletes participate in 2-3 Camps that really set them up for the season. Throughout the season they will participate in several Club Races (joining the younger and older Grizzlies athletes in the following competitions: Candy Cane Classic, the Gene Durand Classic, and the Grizzly Cup) along with 3 Provincial U12 Races and several Regional Races against other clubs within our province. There is even the opportunity to enter the Lake Louise hosted Big Mountain Competition and/or Ski Cross Events at Lake Louise! Of course they will also take part in the multiple social activities planned for the whole family après ski! During Spring Break they also take advantage of the warm temps and longer days with 2 camps to do some final prep for the Doug Meyers Memorial Race that is right around the corner! Those moving up to U14 the following season are often invited to the U14 Spring Camps at this time as well. The season then wraps up at the end of April with the Family Fun Race for athletes, coaches and parents followed by the Club Banquet!
Questions? Send an email to our Executive Director.
- 45 days, including 4-5 camps
- 1 race + 3 intra-club events (option to attend additional races)
- Recommended but not included: Lake Louise season pass. Ski equipment (race skis and all mountain skis would be beneficial, but not mandatory).
- Saturday + Sunday 9:30am to 3:30pm
- 55 days, including 4-5 camps + 1 away camp
- 4 races + 3 intraclub events
- Recommended but not included: Lake Louise season pass. Ski equipment (race skis and all mountain skis).
- Saturday + Sunday 9:00am to 3:30pm
- 65 days, including 4-5 camps + 2 away camps
- 5-6 races + 3 intraclub events
- Recommended but not included: Lake Louise season pass, COP pass. Ski equipment (race skis and all mountain skis).
- Saturday + Sunday 9:00am to 3:30pm
1. Register early to help us plan.
2. When signing up on the Zone4 site, you will also be charged an Alberta Alpine fee of $115 (all other Grizzlies Programs) which is required for insurance purposes and allows athletes to race in Alberta Alpine sanctioned events. Parents ALSO need to be registered with Alberta Alpine for insurance purposes. Please do so when registering your child on Zone 4.
3. Based on registration, the LLGSC club reserves the right to combine, change or modify the programs offered.
4. Race account deposit will be due January 1, 2018. Amount TBD (approximately $600).